In a recent post, Oxxy announced its new business email service which now makes it possible for people to create branded mailboxes for free. Once you select your domain name, you can consider a custom email address, linked to the name of your domain like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org that will help you communicate better with your audience. Having custom email addresses is a smart move for several reasons:
- Professionalism. A branded email makes you look professional in front of the public. It better represents the norms and practices of your business, creates a positive image for your company and makes it more memorable.
- Credibility. In today’s internet world, trust is very hard to gain, therefore, enterprises utilize all possible ways to win over their customers’ confidence. Imagine your recipients see an email like email@example.com, they can easily think of it as a spam and ignore it as anyone can set up an email like that for 10 seconds. The recipients will never be confident that you really are who you say you are. Yourname@yourbusiness.com brings trustworthiness and increases your credibility.
- Improves results. Having a business email address decreases your chances of your emails being filtered in the spam folders. When you open your spam, you will notice that most of the emails there come from yahoo.com and gmail.com accounts. Having an email that contains your company’s domain makes it more recognizable.
- Email aliases. Customized mailboxes give you the opportunity to select email aliases that will direct the messages from various mailboxes to one mailbox. Thus, you can have departments like firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc. and organize the emails coming through, from one single inbox.
- Flexibility and control. The email aliases that you set up will help you easily read and reply to all emails from one place instead of logging into different email accounts. You can also easily set up and delete more custom aliases as you hire more staff.
- Branding. A custom mailbox is a part of your brand, therefore, if done correctly, it helps you promote your business, not to mention it enforces brand awareness and helps people identify you.
- Marketing. Having a gmail or yahoo email address for your business is equal to promoting someone else’s business on your back. Having your own email address will set you apart and maintain your professional image.
- Improves communication. With a branded email address, people can easily recognize you and decide within seconds if they want to open it and engage with you. It is also easier for people to find your email and contact you.